Here are some WIPs of my handle + grapple hooks (?).
1. I made the grapple hooks out from toilet rolls; I then attached cables to them (I cut one end from each cable).
2. I cut out several layers of the handle templates from cardboard & foam to the same thickness as the bicycle handle bars (that have been cut to size). I glued on the cable end (attached to the grapple hooks) to the end of the handle bars. Note that some layers of the handle bars leave space for the blades (which are detachable). The blade shown was my second attempt at making the blades (I later chose to use balsa wood so I made new ones).
3. I cut out the raised details on the handles from foam and used a craft knife to carve in the details.
4. I added more details using cords.
5. I taped the parts I didn’t want to spray paint.
6. What they look like so far. I’m going to weather them later because I think it looks more realistic and I like the battle damaged look. It also helps to hide flaws :’D
EDIT: forgot to mention that after cutting out the shapes I used clay on the edges, then sanded and Gesso’ed.